Call Us Today 858-756-8400
Home » Coverage Options for Your Farm’s Livestock
August 17, 2021

Coverage Options for Your Farm’s Livestock

If you have livestock, you know that things beyond your control can happen to affect the health and life of your livestock—things such as floods, lightning, fire, sinkholes and someone stealing or hurting your livestock. Just as you have insurance to cover your house, equipment and family, you also need to have insurance for your livestock. There are some options, and it’s best to talk with an independent insurance agent before you decide the option that is best for you. a brown cow standing on top of a lush green field

Within these three options, you will also need to know what the insurance covers. Talk with your agent about comprehensive coverage that can include accidents, sickness, theft etc., and limited coverage that can include natural disasters, animal attacks and heating system breakdowns. 

Option 1: Individual Coverage 

If you have animals that are considered high-value, such as a stud bull, then you might want this option. Just as the title suggests, you would list each animal separately and have coverage for each. This is similar to having coverage for several cars that your family owns with one of them being an antique classic car or a car that is much more expensive to replace than all the other cars. 

Option 2: Blanket Coverage 

Blanket coverage is just what the name suggests. This coverage can be used to insure your livestock, equipment, structures etc. The key is to be sure that you have adequate coverage for everything. This is similar to home insurance that covers the house, the contents in the house and might even include sheds. 

Option 3: Herd Coverage 

Herd coverage is actually the easiest coverage for you since it provides coverage for a herd of 200, or 600 or whatever number you and your insurer decide is best. 

Is your livestock adequately protected? If you aren’t sure, look at these three options and make an appointment to talk with an independent insurance agent today. 

Get the coverage you need to protect your business. Call Ranch and Coast Insurance SVCS at 858.756.8400 for more information on farm insurance. 

Categories: Personal

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

©2024. All rights reserved. | Powered by Zywave Websites